Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Little League On My Mind

I'm back from "Winter Break 08" and ready to talk Little League! I recently attended the 2009 Oregon State Little League Conference...met some great folks and now its time to put those ideas into action.

However, I might need to change this blog's name to (just another) Little League President:

Yep, I took the plunge... I am now the (proud) President of SunCreek Little League in Portland, Oregon.

I guess I'm a mama to over 500 Little Leaguers now!

It has been a wild ride since last summer. Our country is undergoing change that will most certainly effect Little League baseball and softball.

I do know this...simpler times call for our Nation's Pastime. As American adults struggle with economic challenges, I feel stronger than ever that we can provide fun and sport for kids this spring on ballfields around the country.

Thanks for reading, feel free to comment, and let's start discussing Spring Season 09!

6 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Red Socks said...

I am so happy to find our blod. My son is 8 turning 9 on the 12th and just went through the tryout process in our town in Ontario California! This will be his first year playing and I have suddenly been given the "teem mom" title! I'm both excited and worried...I do have a very busy and stressful full time job...but do not want to let my son down. Any pointers or good ideas on how to make practices , games , and team parties great would be greatley appreciated!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger CarrieMatsuo said...

Thanks for reading, and commenting! Team moms are the glue that hold the team together so the coach can concentrate on running games and practices.

Thanks for taking on that role. I hope all your parents have email. It is so great for getting the word out, directions to ballfields, snack schedules, etc.

Good luck and stay in touch!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger CapraHorse said...

Hi there, I wanted to alert your attention to a very wonderful book on being a committed sports mom...

My friend Pam Carey jsut finished her book called Minor League Mom (Barking Cat Pub).
It details the life and times where she and her husband Charley guided both of their sons from little league to ivy leagues to the minor leagues (Boston Pawsox)!!!

The book is so wonderfully written and if you dont have kids in little league (like me) then you know what it takes and all the ins, outs, triumphs and bumps in the road along the way. The thing that stood out the most for me was that both Pam and Charley always kept things in perspective. While they were avid cheering fans for both thier sons, they also instilled an attitude that you thrive for baseball because you love to play and its fun... Of course they were competitive, but sometimes I think that the prize becomes too much of the game and then its not fun anymore...

www.minorleaguemom.net - check it out.

Anyway I thought this might be a peice of useful advice for other Mom's out there who are starting the journey!

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Pat said...

All you Little League moms, coaches, etc., need to check out this neat soft toss machine. Google "Ultimate Hitting Machine"
I saw my neighbor's kids using it and did a search on the net to buy one.
This is an awesome machine for kids to work on their hitting.
The best buys I found after Googling this are on these two web sites. www.shop.beebesports.com and www.directsports.com

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I loved reading all these posts, they make me want to get more involved in my son's league! The most I've done so far was get custom pins for the team made, though they did come out great, if I do say so myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home