Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Celebration of (youth) Baseball

Now that the Little League Softball World Series has wrapped-up here in Portland, my eyes are glued to the HD for the Olympics plus the LLWS, which started yesterday. By the way, congratulations to Simpsonville Little League, Simpsonville, South Carolina, the 2008 Champs!

Our local team, Murrayhill Little League, advanced through our Oregon District 4, the state championship, and then lost in the Regional championship to Mill Creek, Washington. This is the fourth year in a row that a team from our District has gone to the final Regional game.

I caught many of the Regional Championships on ESPN, but, as you know, I'm keeping my eye on the Midwest representative from South Dakota. Canyon Lake Little League of Rapid City, South Dakota, lost yesterday to Tampa, Florida. But they play again at 3:30pmET on ABC versus New England (Shelton, Connecticut). I'll be watching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home